Oasis was founded in 2010 with the mission to add value at each step of the SIM value chain. Oasis’ core business is developing in-house-build and customized SIM and eSIM operating systems and management solutions to provide secure network authentication on 4G and 5G networks . However, with the eSIM market growing exponentially (more than 6 billion eSIM (eUICC- and iUICC-based)) capable devices will be shipped cumulatively over the next five years, according to the latest research from Counterpoint’s ETO (Emerging Technology Opportunities) Service.) Oasis is evolving its solutions to support telecom sector to monetize this opportunity. The Counterpoint research recognizes the swift growth we are making in this space, growing at an astonishing rate of 533% over the last four years.
“It is great to be recognized for the rapid progress we have made in the embedded SIM market. We saw the opportunity in the eSIM space very early and we recognised the extraordinary benefits in both the IoT and Consumer use-cases for our customers. Consequently, we dedicated investment and resources in engineering development and go-to-market and today, our early innovation has given us first-mover advantages and a best-in-class eSIM-ready management solution. The results are evident in the exponential growth we have seen in the last four years. We are recognised as a true innovator.”
Jonathan Kendall, CCO of Oasis Smart Sim
Our commitment to continuous innovation
The fact that 80% of its revenue is focused on R&D, is a testament to the Oasis’s focus on providing cutting edge eSIM solutions with ensured security, reliability and performance to its customers. Our embedded software R&D is located in Aix-en-Provence in the south of France, a region with deep origins in the smart card industry. Another competency centre is located in Singapore with strong expertise applet development, SIM profile customization and testing.
Developing strong partnerships in the eSIM Value chain
We have also partnered with chipset players, module vendors, device OEMs and MNOs to offer eSIM and iSIM solutions expanding the supplier landscape. In specific, we partner with Micron, Inc. & Tata Communications to develop the world’s first SIM-free Cloud-based eSIM for IoT devices. Oasis Smart Sim’s Cloud-Based eSIM named Velios was recently announced as a disruptive end-to-end solution for zero-touch onboarding of cellular-connected IoT devices to cloud services developed by Micron Technology, Inc. and Tata Communications. The French Public Investment Bank (Banque Publique d’Investissement) also supports this program. The partnership with TATA Communications was recently reinforced as the company became the majority equity shareholder of Oasis end of 2020, in order to accelerate our common strategic vision of helping global enterprises thrive in ever-evolving, increasingly demanding mobility needs.Find out more about this new acquisition here.
“To stay at the forefront of eSIM technology and offer transformational (end-to-end) solutions for our clients, we have developed strategic partnerships with network providers and OEMs. Our mission is to empower our customers with harware, operating systems and SaaS solutions that will transform their way of connecting devices, interact with their customer and eventually help them to monetize the eSIM opportunity. One such solution is Velios, theworld’s first cloud-based eSIM.”
Olivier Leroux – CEO of Oasis Smart Sim
We are actively working with GSMA to develop our own proprietary Esim and IoT solution that would contribute to mobile connectivity in connected devices. In June 2019, Oasis received support from the European Community for its eSIM plug-in program, a unique and advance solution to include a GSAM compliant eSIM in a multi-tenant eSE. We promise of security and reliability to all our customers with some of our accreditations listed below:
- High-performance SIM/USIM/eSIM Operating System fully compatible with international and industry standards such ISO, 3GPP and ETSI.
- GSMA certified Operating System design to support the full requirement of eSIM. It supports the GSMA SGP11/23 Specification for M2M and Consumer devices.
- An active member of the RSP Task force since inception and has contributed since then to define and approve eSIM standards
- M2M: SM-DP (Subscription Management Data Preparation) and SM-SR (Subscription Management Secure Routing) compliant with the GSMA SGP .22.
- Consumer Device: SM-DP+ (Subscription Management DP+) compliant with the GSMA SGP .23, providing eSIM Subscription Management solutions for Consumer Devices with the highest level of operational security, functionality and interoperability
- Data Center Operation and Management: GSMA SAS-SM accreditation for secure infrastructure and operations of our Subscription Management Services (SM-DP, SM-SR, SM-DP+) from a secure Data Center located in France
Growing as a trusted partner
Oasis has served more than 150 customers and delivered more than 350 million USIM and eSIM (in multiple formats and technologies).
We address various customer segments in the IoT value web such as:
- Communication Service Providers
- Mobile Operators, MVNOs, MVNE
- Module Makers
- Iot & Communication Solution Providers
- Private Enterprises in the field of automotive, aviation and so on
- OEM and ODM verticals
- IoT System Integrators
Find out more about our solutions portfolio or get in touch to talk to one of our consultants.
Get in touch with Oasis’ experts